To celebrate our 30th anniversary, we will have a two day conference on November 21-22, 2019 at the Fletcher Hotel-Restaurant De Wageningsche Berg, Generaal Foulkesweg 96, 6703 DS in Wageningen, The Netherlands. More information on the venue can be found here. The meeting is open to both VOC members and non-members.
We are proud to announce the following confirmed speakers.
- Niël le Roux (Stellenbosch University)
- Anne-Laure Boulesteix (LMU München)
- Peter Bühlmann (ETH Zurich)
- Michael Greenacre (Universitat Pompeu Fabra)
- Anders Skrondal (University of Oslo & UC Berkeley)
- Eva Ceulemans (KU Leuven)
- Ron Wehrens (Wageningen University & Research)
- Sophie Swinkels (Danone Nutricia Research)
- Laura Bringmann (University of Groningen)
- Tom Snijders (University of Groningen)
- Aurélie Lemmens (Erasmus University Rotterdam)
- Tim Offermans (Radboud University), winner of the PhD student presentation award at the 8th VOC conference.
A tentative programme can be found here.
Costs and payment
Registration is only possible for the complete program and includes: 1-night stay, breakfast (Friday), 2x lunch (Thursday, Friday), dinner (Thursday), coffee and tea-breaks. Costs are
- Euro 350,- with registration (and payment) before September 1, 2019 (early bird)
- Euro 400,- with registration between September 1 and November 1, 2019
- Euro 450,- with registration between November 1 and 15, 2019.
Payments should be transferred to IBAN NL86 INGB 0000 1617 23 t.n.v. Vereniging voor Ordinatie en Classificatie. If you do not have a Dutch bank account, you also need the following information to make the transfer: BIC = INGBNL2A. Upon payment, clearly state your name and affiliation.
Hotel room information
The price for the 2019 Jubilee meeting includes a room for a single night with breakfast.
- check in: November 21st, 15:00
- check out: November 22nd, 11:00
- tourist tax is included in the room price
- wi-fi and car parking are included in the room price.
When booking for the conference, each participant receives a night in a room for two persons. If you want, you can take a guest with you. The only extra cost is for the breakfast (Euro 16,50). Guests can also participate in the evening meal (Euro 35,-) and lunches (Euro 20,- per lunch).
The hotel offers several special services at an extra price (at your own cost)
- early check in (November 21 from 11:30): Euro 10.-
- late check out (November 22 until 14:00): Euro 15,-
- taking another room than the standard room included in the price of the conference (upon availability)
- room with a view on the river (Neder-Rijn): Euro 10,-
- room with a view on the river (Neder-Rijn) + bath in room: Euro 20,-
- suite: Euro 40,-
- suite Deluxe: Euro 60,-
- use of hotel facilities (wellness, renting a bike). Consult the hotel website for more information.
Extra costs will be billed on your personal room bill. The personal room bill has to be paid when checking out. Note that luggage can be stored in the conference venue before check in and after check out.
For information regarding your booking, please consult Tom Wilderjans (email@example.com). Requests regarding dietary requests or your room can be added to the corresponding boxes on the enrollment form below.